Innovative Breast Cancer Surgery Available for Patients from the Bonita Springs, FL, Area
At Moffitt Cancer Center, we offer several advanced breast cancer surgery techniques, and our Tampa location is convenient to patients from Bonita Springs, Florida. As the only National Cancer Institute-designated Comprehensive Cancer Center based in Florida, we are uniquely situated to provide the most innovative breast cancer treatment available in the area. To determine the ideal treatment for a patient, our multispecialty tumor board meets weekly to review the patient’s case file and monitor her progress. This provides added peace of mind when breast cancer surgery is recommended, because the patient can feel confident that the proposed treatment is the consensus of many professionals, including medical oncologists, surgeons and pathologists.
Breast cancer surgery may be recommended to remove part or all of a tumor as well as any affected lymph nodes. Depending on a patient’s needs, the professionals at Moffitt may recommend any of the following surgical procedures:
- Partial mastectomy – The removal of part of a breast and some lymph nodes, as well as a small amount of healthy tissue
- Simple mastectomy – The removal of an entire breast along with some of the lymph nodes under the arm
- Bilateral mastectomy – The removal of both breasts and some lymph nodes under the arm
- Radical mastectomy – The removal of a breast, most or all of the lymph nodes under the arm and the lining of the chest muscles
- Prophylactic mastectomy – The removal of one or both breasts as a preventative measure for women who have been identified as having a high risk of developing breast cancer
Additionally, we understand the emotional toll of breast cancer surgery, and we offer a number of supportive care services for patients prior to and following their procedures. Our surgeons also perform breast cancer reconstruction surgery and specialize in a number of skin and nipple/areola sparing techniques.
Women travel from around the globe to consult with the experts at our cancer center, and we’re located just a short drive away from Bonita Springs, FL, making us a highly convenient option for those considering breast cancer surgery. We also are able to help coordinate local accommodations for patients traveling from out of town through our partnership with many nearby hotels. To learn more about the services we provide, including breast cancer screening, call 1-888-663-3488 or fill out our online form. No physician referral is required.