The breast cancer clinical trials at Moffitt Cancer Center are open to patients from Clearwater, Florida, and surrounding areas. As the only National Cancer Institute-designated Comprehensive Cancer Center based in Florida, Moffitt conducts some of the area’s leading research studies through The Don and Erika Wallace Comprehensive Breast Program.
Led by experienced breast oncologists, Moffitt’s clinical trials give participants unique opportunities to access novel therapies that aren’t yet available in other settings. Additionally, these studies play a crucial role in advancing breast cancer treatment, opening the doors to newer and more effective treatment options and improving our team’s understanding of the most effective ways to apply them.
While our portfolio of clinical trials is frequently changing, common areas of study include:
- New chemotherapy drugs (and new ways to use existing chemotherapy drugs)
- Novel surgical techniques for improving outcomes and postoperative quality of life
- More targeted radiation therapy delivery techniques to destroy cancerous cells with enhanced precision
- Hormone therapies for ER-positive and HER2-postive breast cancers
- Other targeted treatments for ER-negative and HER2-negative breast cancers
Clearwater residents who enroll in Moffitt’s clinical trials will work closely with our team of oncologists and investigators throughout the process. While clinical trials provide a number of advantages to participants, we understand that they are not necessarily the right option for every individual. Our team is committed to making sure each patient receives the most promising treatment (or treatments) for his or her needs – be it a novel therapy from a clinical trial or another evidence-based form of treatment.
To find out if any of our breast cancer clinical trials is appropriate for you, call 813-745-6100 or 1-800-679-0775 (toll-free) or submit a clinical trials inquiry form. We welcome patients from Clearwater, FL and beyond.