Vice President, Revenue Cycle Management
Joanna Weiss has been vice president of Revenue Cycle Management at Moffitt Cancer Center since 2014. In this role, she is responsible for more than 600 team members in six departments serving Moffitt and the Moffitt Medical Group, including:
- Health Information Management – responsible for maintaining, coding, collecting and analyzing the data that physicians, nurses and other health care providers document and use to deliver quality health care in both inpatient and outpatient settings
- Moffitt Medical Group Revenue Cycle – Billing, collections and denials for physician claims and follow up
- Patient Access – responsible for registration, scheduling and insurance verification duties; this department handles more than 6,500 patient calls weekly, authorizes and verifies all services and registers all outpatient services visits
- Patient Financial Services - the hub of Revenue Cycle Management, this department bills more than 35,000 claims per month, collects, follows up and posts all payments and provides customer service and business office support
- Revenue Cycle Quality and Training – ensures that all revenue-related work meets quality metrics while identifying opportunities to further train Revenue Cycle team members
- Revenue Integrity – focused on operational efficiencies and improvements to gather appropriate and compliant reimbursement
Weiss joined Moffitt in 2006 as internal audit director, developing the department while managing and coordinating Moffitt’s financial statement audit. She brings more than 17 years of auditing experience to the position.
Previously, Weiss worked as an internal control manager for PSCU Financial Services and as an auditor with Ernst & Young, LLP, (now EY) both in Florida. She holds a bachelor’s degree in Business Administration from Auburn University. She is a certified public accountant.