Diversity in the Workplace
Diversity, equity, and inclusion are a strategic priority at Moffitt Cancer Center, they are crucial to our team's success. DEI increases productivity, fosters creativity, promotes innovation, enhances ideas and improves organizational performance. Our attention to diversity, equity and inclusion foster an environment where team members belong, bring their authentic selves to work, and share a mutual respect for one another. Our shared differences and commonalities make us a stronger workforce. Whether it is diverse gender identity and expression, cultures, languages, customs, beliefs, values, or any of the myriad of ways in which we identify ourselves, we are better colleagues and caregivers when we approach our mission from various backgrounds.
Please visit our Careers section to learn more about our employment opportunities.
Team Member Demographics
The number of team members represent all individuals employed by Moffitt Cancer Center at any point during the corresponding time period, including those who were hired and those who left the organization during the time period.
At Moffitt Cancer Center, we recognize that it takes a diverse and inclusive workforce to provide all patients and families with culturally competent care that meets their unique and individual healthcare needs. Attracting and retaining a workforce that reflects the communities we serve is an important pillar of our equity strategy. With this in mind, the cancer center continues to seek partnerships and implement processes and procedures that contribute to our goal of reflecting the 15-county catchment area and communities we serve.
Team Member Engagement Networks/Faculty Employee Networks
Team Member Engagement Networks (TMEN), as well as Faculty Employee Networks (FEN), are voluntary, employee‐led groups that are open to all team members provide an important avenue for ensuring team members have a VOICE. Engagement Networks work to develop ways to engage and promote a welcoming and inclusive environment for all team members throughout the cancer center and engage in activities focused on encouraging a positive and equitable workplace throughout the cancer center.
Team Member Engagement Networks include:
- Generation Moffitt (GenM): Connects, cultivates and advocates for young professionals by functioning as a liaison between Moffitt and young professional employees.
- UNITY@Moffttt: Network of lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender and queer/questioning team members and their allies.
- Black Empowerment Alliance at Moffitt (B.E.A.M): Fostering productivity and creativity of all Moffitt employees by enabling and promoting C.H.A.N.G.E. within the Black community. C.H.A.N.G.E. stands for Community, Health, Advancement, Networking, Growth, and Economics.
- Additional TMENs are in development for 2021.
Faculty Engagement Networks include:
- Women In Oncology: Develops ways to engage, promote, and retain women faculty by offering opportunities for women to connect, explore ideas, and receive support to help create a culture that highlights the contribution of women faculty at Moffitt.
- Faculty Diversity in Oncology: Seeks to increase the diversity among the faculty, focusing on the recruitment and retention of Black/African-American faculty, as well as mentorship/sponsorship, engagement with students from USF, establishing community presence to engage local youth interested in careers in health and medical professions, and creating educational opportunities for faculty members on diversity and inclusion.