Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
Finding FatherhoodDr. Julian Sanchez, a colorectal surgeon always knew he wanted to be a dad, but growing up gay in the 1980s, Sanchez assumed it was out of the realm of possibility. But everything changed in June 2019. Full story | In the News: Stories about Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
To create a Moffitt culture of diversity and inclusion as we strive to contribute to the prevention and cure of cancer.
Moffitt Cancer Center is recognized as the model wherein the diversity of our employees and communities is valued and supported as essential components to contributing to the prevention and cure of cancer.
The cancer center is an equal opportunity employer. It is the policy of the cancer center to prohibit unlawful discrimination and harassment of any type and to afford equal employment opportunities to workforce members and applicants, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, marital status, disability, genetic information, veteran’s status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.
- News: Moffitt Ranks among Top 5 on DiversityInc’s Top Hospitals & Health Systems List
- Non-Discrimination Promise
- Moffitt Diversity Annual Report
- Supplier Diversity
- Community Benefit
- Community Outreach and Education
- Language Services
- George Edgecomb Society - Donate or Get Involved
Diversity is a priority at Moffitt and is meant "to promote a culture of diversity and inclusion as we contribute to the prevention and cure of cancer." Moffitt Diversity, Equity and Inclusion focuses its efforts on eliminating those obstacles to an individual’s ability to exist within their personal comfort zone at the Cancer Center. Everyone is important to meeting this priority. Addressing and responding to diversity and inclusion fosters an environment where mutual respect for diverse cultures, communication styles, languages, customs, beliefs, values, traditions, experiences and other ways in which we identify ourselves, is the expectation. Read more about our Leadership Commitment.
Moffitt Diversity, Equity and Inclusion employs two key strategies to meet the goal of increasing access to care:
- Enhance Moffitt's image among underserved communities as an organization delivering cultural and linguistically competent care through prevention education and mutually beneficial partnerships
- Serve as a resource, as well as, to identify opportunities to increase Moffitt’s preparedness when serving diverse communities
For answers to questions about Moffitt Diversity, Equity and Inclusion, please contact:
Please visit our Careers section to learn more about our employment opportunities.