Moffitt Cancer Center
Facebook House Rules
At H. Lee Moffitt Cancer Center & Research Institute (Moffitt Cancer Center), we work diligently to create an environment where cancer care is tailored to the individual. We don’t just treat the cancer; we treat our patients, their family and their future. In so doing, we have created a physical space to share knowledge, extend support, and contribute to the prevention and cure of cancer. It has become increasingly obvious that such a community would be hugely beneficial in the digital world. Therefore, we have enlisted team members, researchers and doctors to share a Moffitt Cancer Center social media initiative with our community. The only thing missing is you!
Disclaimer: Content posted on this Facebook page may not reflect the views of Moffitt Cancer Center.
We are pleased to welcome you to the Moffitt Cancer Center community and by posting, you agree to follow a few simple rules to ensure we can cultivate a respectful, educational and valuable experience.
Terms and Conditions of Use* (must be 18 years of age or older)
- Moffitt Cancer Center’s social media efforts are meant to provide support and education; they should never be used in place of actual, physical medical treatment. With that said, if you are residing in the United States and are currently experiencing a medical emergency or need immediate medical assistance, please call 911.
- In compliance with HIPAA and other Medical Associations, we cannot supply medical advice, diagnosis or treatment via the Internet. If you would like to speak with a Moffitt representative for more information on receiving treatment for your cancer, please call Cancer Answers at 1-888-MOFFITT (1-888-663-3488).
- As a socially aware user of Moffitt Cancer Center’s social media platforms, you are solely responsible for your actions on social media sites. Therefore, Moffitt Cancer Center is not to be held accountable for any errors, defects, delays, omissions or losses that may occur while utilizing social media sites.
- Content (copy, photos, videos, music, etc.) that is copyrighted, such as intellectual property, must be properly referenced, as we do not tolerate infringement of third party rights.
- Moffitt Cancer Center is a place of hope and acceptance, therefore it is strictly prohibited to post information that is profane, obscene, vulgar, indecent, pornographic, hateful, offensive, crude, threatening, harassing, intimidating, abusive or otherwise embarrassing, derogatory, defamatory or demeaning to any man, woman or child.
- We encourage sharing, but have to draw the line at spamming. Please do not post the same comment multiple times, include us or our followers on chain mail or pyramid schemes, and please no solicitations.
- In order to build an honest and trusting environment, it is essential that you are who you say you are. Do not impersonate another person, manipulate others or utilize another person’s information.
- Sharing your story is just that — your story. Please be mindful that your family members and friends may not want their stories shared on social media, and take steps to either get their permission or de-identify them so readers will not know to whom you are referencing. While you have every right to voice your story, others have the same right to choose not to voice theirs.
- We do not allow language or content that is illegal or violates the rights of any person or entity, including intellectual property, privacy or publicity rights.
- We do not allow language that discriminates based on race, creed, age, color, religion, gender, marital status, national origin, income levels, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, or any other form of discrimination.
These terms and conditions have been put into place to protect you. Please help create a community to which you wish to belong to. If we find that the terms and conditions of use are not being adhered to, we reserve the right to without notice:
- Deny, block or restrict access to any Moffitt Cancer Center social media platforms.
In the event that a legal matter arises due to your social media behavior, as a user, you agree to indemnify Moffitt Cancer Center against any losses, costs or fees, damages or liabilities.