TAMPA, Fla. (Jan. 4, 2012) – Moffitt Cancer Center will host the Excellence Course in Blood Disorders in the Elderly from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Jan. 17-20, in Moffitt’s Stabile Research Building, Trustees Board Room, 12902 Magnolia Drive, Tampa.
The course for hematologists will provide an overview on hematologic disorders in the elderly, as well as theoretical lectures, discussions of clinical cases and practical clinic activities conducted at Moffitt. Attendees to the program include renowned and practicing physicians in the field of hematology from Italy and Turkey.
Moffitt speakers include the following faculty and leaders in the field of hematology:
- Lodovico Balducci, M.D.
- Alan List, M.D.
- Lynn Moscinski, M.D.
- Rachid Baz, M.D.
- Eduardo Sotomayor, M.D.
- Lubomir Sokol, M.D., Ph.D.
- Bijal Shah, M.D.
- Javier Pinilla-Ibarz, M.D., Ph.D.
- Jeffrey Lancet, M.D.
Speakers from Italy include:
- Prof. Fabrizio Pane, M.D., University Federico II of Naples
- Prof. Valeria Santini, M.D., University of Florence
- Prof. Michele Cavo, M.D., University of Bologna
- Prof. Antonio Palumbo, M.D., Hospital Giovanni Battista - Molinette of Turin
- Prof. Mario Boccadoro, M.D., Hospital Giovanni Battista - Molinette of Turin
- Prof. Umberto Vitolo, M.D., Hospital Giovanni Battista - Molinette of Turin
- Prof. Sergio Amadori, M.D., Tor Vergata University Hospital of Rome
Moffitt has served as host and presenting institution for this program in previous years and holds similar programs with international visiting physicians, researchers and scholars. About Moffitt Cancer Center Follow Moffitt on Facebook: www.facebook.com/MoffittCancerCenter
Follow Moffitt on Twitter: @MoffittNews
Follow Moffitt on YouTube: MoffittNews
Located in Tampa, Moffitt Cancer Center is Florida’s only National Cancer Institute Comprehensive Cancer Center, a designation that recognizes Moffitt’s excellence in research and contributions to clinical trials, prevention and cancer control. Moffitt has 14 affiliates in Florida, one in Georgia, one in Pennsylvania and two in Puerto Rico. Moffitt is also a member of the National Comprehensive Cancer Network, a prestigious alliance of the country’s leading cancer centers, and is listed in U.S. News & World Report as one of “America’s Best Hospitals” for cancer. Moffitt marks a milestone anniversary this year – 25 years committed to one mission: to contribute to the prevention and cure of cancer. ###