Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual and Transgender (LGBT) Health Disparities
- 08/15/2013 04:00 PM
08/15/2013 06:00 PM
- Moffitt Cancer Center, Vincent A. Stabile Research Building, Ted and Marty Couch Auditorium
Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, and Transgender (LGBT) Health Disparities
Participants who attend this seminar will:
- Gain a greater understanding of barriers and challenges LGBT communities often face in the delivery of health care
- Gain insight into the transformative relationships between culturally and linguistically competent care, patient experience, and cancer disparities
- Engage in dialogue on the impact of cancer disparities to LGBT communities, and the significance to patient safety and satisfaction, quality of care, and health outcomes.
- Cathy G. Grant, MPA, Director, Moffitt Diversity
- JoEllen Warnke, RN, MS, OCN®, Nursing Education Specialist, Nurse Residency Program, Moffitt Cancer Center
- Sophie Dessureault, MD, PhD, FRCS(C), FACS, Associate Professor, Surgical Oncology, Moffitt Cancer Center
- Shannon Breen, MSW, Oncology Social Worker, Patient and Family Services, Moffitt Cancer Center
Networking from 5:30 o.m. - 6:00 p.m.
Light refreshments and hors d'oeuvres will be provided.
Please RSVP to Roberto Ramos at (813) 745-6904 or Roberto.Ramos@Moffitt.org