A special enrollment period, extended to April 30, has been created to help consumers who paid tax penalties for not obtaining health insurance coverage in 2014.
The special enrollment period is intended for individuals or families who weren’t aware or didn’t understand they would be penalized for not having health coverage through the Federal Health Insurance Exchange in 2015.
You may still qualify to enroll if:
- You owe a fee for not having coverage in 2014
- You didn't know until after the Open Enrollment period ended in Feb. 15 that the law required you and your household to have health coverage.
- You aren't enrolled in 2015 coverage thorough the Health Insurance Marketplace.
To ensure you can receive comprehensive care from our experts at Moffitt, here’s a list of our in-network plans on the Health Exchange:
• Florida Blue “BlueOptions” and “BlueCare” plans (Moffitt is not in “BlueSelect” plans)
• All Cigna plans
• CoventryOne HMO plans (Moffitt is not in Coventry CareLink HMO plans)
• Humana HMO Premier plans (Moffitt is not in Humana HUMx HMO plans)
• All Assurant Health plans, which utilize Aetna Signature Administrators PPO network
Call 1-888-MOFFITT Make Appointment Sign Up For Email
This special enrollment period is only for residents in the 27 states, which includes Florida, that use the Federally-facilitated Marketplaces.
If consumers don’t purchase coverage for 2015, they may have to pay a fee when the file their income taxes next year.
If you have questions, the Florida Covering Kids & Families' Navigator program is ready to assist you. For more information, click here or call 813-803-0628.
To learn more, visit HealthCare.Gov
or call the Federally-facilitated Marketplace Call Center toll-free at 1-800-318-2596.