The purpose of the Pre-Med Student Observation Program is to offer pre-med students an opportunity for an educational experience as they witness physicians at work, evaluating and delivering patient care. These educational experiences will provide insight into the various activities and competencies that physicians encompass in their day-to-day job.
The observation experience should allow pre-med students to confirm their interest in the profession of medicine, to identify with role models, and to establish relationships that can be nurtured as they progress in their training and career pathway.
All pre-med students must meet the following criteria:
If this is the program you are interested in, please click on this link to learn more about the Volunteer program at Moffitt.
- Be in good standing as an undergraduate with a minimum of a 3.0 grade point average.
- Be 18 years of age at the minimum.
- Be seeking application to medical school within the next three years.
- Have completed at least one year of university training.
- Have completed the 60 hours of volunteer service to Moffitt. (Requests to waive this volunteer requirement will be reviewed by the Selection Committee on a case by case basis)
- Have been approved by the Pre-Med Observation Selection Committee.