These are recordings of "TeleTalks," our weekly series of educational conferences on issues of interest to patients and families impacted by women's cancer. Click here to listen to previous TeleTalks.
- Should I consider chemotherapy before breast surgery? - Dr. Nazanin Khakpour, Breast Surgical Oncologist (March 3, 2015)
- Confronting Cancer as a Senior Adult - Dr. Martine Extermann, Senior Adult Oncologist (March 10, 2015)
- Facts and Myths about Breast Cancer Recurrence - Dr. Karen Fields, Breast Medical Oncologist (March 17, 2015)
- The evolving role of immunotherapy in cancer treatment - Dr. Robert Wenham, Gynecologic Oncologist (March 24, 2015)
- Hashimoto’s Disease and other thyroid conditions - Dr. Bryan McIver, Endocrinologist (March 31, 2015)
- Understanding Imaging and Radiology - Dr. Kerry Thomas, Radiologist (April 7, 2015)
- Your breast cancer profile - how to read your pathology report - Dr. Laila Khazai, Pathologist (April 14, 2015)
- La espiritualidad en el tratamiento del cancer - Capellán Graciela Flores, Chaplain (April 21 , 2015)
- Take control of chemo-induced neuropathy -Cindy Tofthagen, PhD, Nurse Practitioner (April 28, 2015) Due to technical difficulties this talk is being rescheduled
- Coping with Chemo-brain - Dr. Heather Jim, PhD (May 5, 2015)
- Cancer related fatigue - strategies for reclaiming your energy - Susan Vallan, Breast Oncology Nurse (May 12, 2015) Currently Unavailable
- Energy Work 101 for the Mind, Body and Spirit - Bari Ruck, Massage Therapist and Jin Shin Jyutsu Practitioner (May 19,2015)
* To listen to previously recorded talks, go to TeleTalks by Topic.
Future TeleTalks - Tuesdays from 7 to 7:30 p.m.
TeleTalk phone number: 1-800-206-6032
Access code: 6633488#
||Dr. Roohi Ismail-Khan, Breast Medical Oncologist and
Dr. Michael Fradley, Cardiologist
Cardiovascular Complications from Chemotherapy and the New Cardio-Oncology Program at Moffitt
||Chris Healy and Amy Burke, Licensed Clinical Social Workers
Identify-Amplify-Unify, a program for metastatic breast cancer patients
||Sharen Lock, Yoga and Meditation Teacher
Finding Balance with Cancer: An introduction to mindfulness techniques to reduce stress.
||Regina White, Patient Education Specialist
Important questions to ask when communicating with your health care team
||Dr. Susan Hoover, Breast Surgical Oncologist
Bilateral vs. Unilateral Mastectomy- how to decide?