With the globalization of medicine, an increasing number of patients come to the United States for medical treatment each year. H. Lee Moffitt Cancer Center & Research Institute is the only Comprehensive Cancer Center in the state of Florida designated by the National Institute of Cancer. In addition, our location and weather make us a more desirable destination for patients seeking medical care.
We understand that coming to a different country with a cancer diagnosis and facing a different culture and language can be a very difficult step to take. We are here to ease the transition.
Our International Referral Services Department can assist you and your family with an array of services designed to take care of your needs.
Services available through the International Referral Services Department include:
- Coordination of all aspects of your visit to Moffitt, paying extra attention to personal, cultural and travel-related needs
- Orientation for first-time patients and families
- Assistance with patient registration/admission
- Psychosocial and palliative care treatment services
- Complimentary airport transportation
- Transportation arrangement (car rental, taxi and/or limo services)
- Lodging coordination. Click here for a hotel list and information.
- Language assistance
- Assistance with documentation (visa extensions, embassy correspondence, etc.) Click here for information on the U.S. Embassy or Consulate closest to you.
- Notary services
Click here to submit your request for International Services online, or if you prefer, you can reach us at 813-745-3571 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Appointments are not necessary, but they are encouraged.
The International Referral Services Department is located on the first floor in the Administration area just off the main lobby. Our office hours are 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m., Monday through Friday.