Moffitt's Lymphoma Team is made of highly specialized clinical and laboratory experts, representing many different disciplines focused on lymphoma care. The group meets weekly to design a comprehensive, individual treatment plan for each patient with lymphoma, a cancer of the lymphatic system.
Patients receive seamless multidisciplinary care under one roof. Lymphomas are divided into: Hodgkin lymphoma, one of the most curable forms of cancer, and non-Hodgkin lymphoma, which involves both aggressive and slow-growing types originating from immune B cells (B-cell lymphomas) or T cells (T-cell lymphomas).
Our state-of-the-art laboratories and diagnostic imaging services help our experts determine specific type and stage of lymphoma, essential for each patient's treatment selection, management and success.
Diagnostic services offered at Moffitt include:
- Excisional lymph node biopsy
- Image-guided biopsies under CT and ultrasound
- Computed tomography (CAT)
- Positron emission tomography (PET)
- Bone marrow aspiration and biopsy
- Flow cytometry
- Clonality studies (TCR and immunoglobulin gene
- Hematopathology consultation