If you are a current or former smoker, lung cancer screening could save your life. Even if you have never used tobacco products, if you’ve been exposed to secondhand smoke, radon, asbestos or other carcinogens or have a family history of lung cancer, you may still wish to consider regular screenings as part of a proactive health care plan.
Call 1-888-MOFFITT Make Appointment Learn More
Why participate in lung cancer screenings? Simply put, patients whose cancers are caught early often have better outcomes. Lung cancer screenings can be very effective at identifying potentially cancerous abnormalities long before those abnormalities have the ability to create tell-tale symptoms. Screenings rely on imaging scans that are quick and painless and can highlight any suspicious growths that should be noted for further evaluation.
At Moffitt Cancer Center, we’ve developed a comprehensive lung cancer screening program that’s among the best in the nation, which has resulted in our being named a Screening Center of Excellence by the Lung Cancer Alliance. As part of our program, you’ll not only receive high-definition CT scans, but also:
- Professional, multi-specialist tumor board reviews of any abnormal screening results
- Preferential appointments with Moffitt's team of oncologists specializing in lung cancer
- Admission to tobacco treatment and smoking cessation programs
- Immediate access to additional support and clinical services
We currently offer our lung cancer screening services at two convenient locations, including:
Moffitt Cancer Center
12902 Magnolia Drive, Tampa, FL 33612
Monday – Friday | 8 a.m. to 7 p.m.
Moffitt Cancer Center at International Plaza
4101 Jim Walter Blvd., Tampa, FL 33607
Monday – Friday | 6:45 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Our lung cancer screening program is open to patients who:
- Are between the ages of 55 and 80
- Are current or former smokers with a 30-pack per year history equivalent to one of the following:
o One pack a day for 30 years
o Two packs a day for 15 years
o Three packs a day for 10 years
- Are no longer using tobacco products, but quit within the last 15 years
We also offer our lung cancer screening services to patients who do not meet any of the above criteria but have a referral from a general physician or pulmonologist. If you’d like, you can make an appointment with one of Moffitt’s pulmonologists for further evaluation and a referral. Call 1-888-MOFFITT or complete our online patient registration form.