Questions For Your Moffitt Doctor
As you cope with cancer and cancer treatment, you need to have honest, open talks with your doctor. You should feel free to ask any question that's on your mind, no matter how small it might seem. Here are some suggested questions you may want to ask.
- Would you please write down the exact kind of cancer I have?
- What treatment options are there?
- What do you recommend? Why?
- What is the goal of this treatment?
- What are the risks or side effects that I should expect?
- Will I be able to have children after my treatment?
- Will I lose my hair? If so, what can I do about it?
- What are the chances my cancer will come back with the treatment we have discussed?
- What should I do to be ready for treatment?
- Should I follow a special diet?
- What are my chances of survival, based on my cancer as you see it?
Source: American Cancer Society