Moffitt Cancer Center's staff provides cancer wellness support and is fully dedicated to every patient's well-being – not only with cancer-related hardships but through all walks of life.
Healing and Wellness Services
Our Integrative Medicine Program integrates safe and effective complementary therapies with conventional treatments to improve the quality of life for our patients during and after cancer treatment.
The registered dietitians in our Nutrition Department provide a variety of services to support the prevention of cancer, dietary needs during treatment, and programs for post-therapy.
Arts In Medicine Program
Our program is designed to promote the vital role of the creative arts in influencing well-being and healing for cancer patients, family members, caregivers and hospital staff. Visual artists and musician artists-in-residence offer a broad spectrum of individual and group expressive arts opportunities at patients’ bedsides and in clinic waiting areas. Contact Arts In Medicine Coordinator Cheryl Belanger at 813-745-1836 or Cheryl.Belanger@moffitt.org.
Financial Assistance Resources
The following resources can be helpful when financial assistance is needed:
- Referrals to Community and National Agencies: 813-745-8407
- Applications for Medicaid or Social Security Disability: 813-745-4022
- Pharmaceutical Patient Assistance Programs to help with drug costs: 813-745-2694
- Limited assistance with lodging and transportation: 813-745-8407
- Life Insurance Line of Credit to be accessed during treatment: 813-745-8407
Notary services are available for health care related documentation. Call 813-745-3808, weekdays from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
If you are using oxygen that has been prescribed by your physician, Moffitt will provide a portable oxygen tank for your use during your outpatient visit. We encourage you to pick up one of the Moffitt tanks at the information desk in the lobby. By using the hospital’s tanks you will be able to save your tank for your ride home. We are not able to fill your tank due to fire protection codes so please pick up a tank as you enter the building. We regret we can only supply portable oxygen to Moffitt patients.
Smoking Cessation - Help with Quitting
Our Smoking Cessation program offers all Moffitt patients and their families a personalized plan to help them quit smoking. Services available include:
- Education and self help materials
- Nicotine replacement prescription therapy
- Telephone and online support
- Classes: Click here for the Tools to Quit course schedule
- Complementary therapies
Please call 813-745-8811 for more information.